- Every class is timetabled to use the PE hall for one hour per week for Physical Education instruction as per Primary School Curriculum Guidelines 1999. Some teachers chose to break this into 2 half hour slots.
- Teachers refer to the whole school PE plan to guide their own plans and we use the PSSI lesson plans and Move Well Move Often resources also.
- PE equipment is stored in the PE cupboard in the hall. It is tidied regularly and audited every year. Resources are updated as needed.
- In January 2017 teachers took part in Professional Development in the strand of Gymnastics and completed 8 hours training in the GymStart programme. This was provided by Gymnastics Ireland.
- The whole school PE plan includes a timetable for the year of when each strand of the PE curriculum should be taught. This is to ensure that the children are getting access to each of the 6 strands throughout the year.
- 2nd class children attend swimming lessons for the first term of every school year. In other year groups the strand of aquatics focuses on Water Safety.
- 1st and 2nd class children also partake in a half an hour of GAA training each week.